Many thanks to the gracious librarians of ISLE for inviting me to join them for their summer retreat and for the opportunity to share the structure of writing around text on text for inquiry driven learning with students of all ages. We had a wonderful hour of sharing, learning, and thinking about applications for this strategy for inquiry focused activities with our learners!
Resources of Interests
- First Efforts at Writing Around Texts on Text
- Write Around Texts on Text Effort 2 with Emily Russell
- Writing Around Texts with Informational Texts
- Twitter Chat + Socratic Circles
- Writing Around Text on Text, Video, and Images
- Sarah Ludwig’s post on using this strategy for collaborative learning and inquiry
Thank you to Sarah Clark for her idea of using this structure for peer editing for creative and academic writing as well as Elisabeth Abarbanel for her suggestion of using this as medium working with students and summer reading!