I have been super busy today, literally working on a variety of projects since about 7:00 AM today. Here is what I accomplished today for my Media 21 project:
- The creation of our class blog.
- The creation of a central LibGuides landing page
- Our Netvibes course portal
- A class Twitter account
- A class Diigo group
- SlideShare groups for each class period
- Additional wiki pages
- Lesson planning for next week (still in progress)
- The creation of some new shared Google documents I’ll be using with students this week to collect information/create group thinking. I will be turning two of these docs into a Wordle to represent our beginning knowledge about social media and social networking.
- I’ve also been reading student comments/writing on our wiki discussion thread as they’ve been coming in over the weekend. The dialogue has seemed open-minded, positive, and reflective—I’m looking forward to our class conversations tomorrow.
Other Tasks/Learning/Thinking Activities for Me:
- Signed up for the free connectivism and connect learning course this fall with the George Siemens!
- Really relating now to the challenges Wendy Drexler identified in creating “the networked student”; Ms. Lester and I will be working to either stay ahead of these challenges or find creative solutions to these challenges. I expect I will be tapping into Wendy Drexler’s expertise!
I am looking forward to a week rich in learning with the students. Stay tuned for an update next weekend!