I hope you enjoy my “teaser” video for the TED style talk, “Libraries as Communally Constructed Sites of Participatory Learning: Creating Conversations and Connections Through Enchantment“, I’ll be giving at ISTE next Tuesday, June 28 in PACC 108 at 10:30 AM for the ISTE-SIGMS forum, “A Dawning Era for School Librarians.” I’ll be sharing my vision for libraries and learning along with Cathy Jo Nelson, Shannon Miller, Gwyneth Jones, and Anita Beaman. If you are in Philly, I hope you will join us! I’ll be posting slides from the talk, and hopefully, a video of my talk as well next Tuesday afternoon.
Take a look at the rich opportunities to enhance your professional knowledge and engage in conversations for learning through the November 2010 ISTE-SIGMS series of online professional development!
- “One Tool at a Time” Webinar – Topic: QR Codes, Tuesday, Nov 9th at 8pm ET/7pm CT/6pm MT/5pm PT, Presenter: Katie Christo, ISTE SIGILT Chair-Elect
- AASL-SIGMS Virtual Learning Community Meeting, Wednesday, Nov 10th at 8pm ET/7pm CT/6pm MT/5pm PT; Title: “Moving to the Center of Teaching and Learning”, Presenter: David Loertscher
- Tapped In Event – “Global Civic Engagement”, Thursday, Nov 18th at 8pm ET/7pm CT/6pm MT/5pm PT
Facilitator: Lesley Farmer
- Video Discussion in Second Life on Sunday November 21st, 2010 at 7:30 EST (4:30 SLT) we will move from discussion of a print article to talking about a video created by Buffy Hamilton entitled “Transliteracy and Participatory Librarianship” (http://vimeo.com/16010936). Prior to the meeting, watch the fifteen minute video in which Buffy describes how librarians can begin to frame all aspects of libraries around our number one priority: student learning.
Wednesday, Jan 13, 2010 at 8 pm E.S.T., 7 pm C.S.T., 6 pm M.S.T., 5 pm P.S.T Presenter: Buffy Hamilton
Want to start your new year off by making a positive difference in your library program? Join ISTE SIGMS for our second FREE webinar on January 13 at 8 pm E.S.T. when Buffy Hamilton, The Unquiet Librarian, will share her ideas on “fighting the filter.”
Directions to join the SIGMS webinar event
1. Check that your computer is set up for Adobe Connect by visiting Adobe Connect Pro Connection Test
2. Use this URL to enter the webinar room 10 – 15 minutes before starting time: http://Montgomery.na4.acrobat.com/SIGMS
3. Enter as a guest and type your first and last name.
4. Here is a link to a Visual Quick Start guide (pdf) to help you if this is your first webinar event.